Ready, Set, Go!
Getting my Child Ready for Kindergarten
Welcome future kindergarteners and kindergarten parents. We are so excited for you to become a member of the Covington Independent School family. Below is a list of skills that would be helpful for you and your child to work on over the summer.
- Hold pencil correctly
- Identify body parts
- Say his/her first, middle, and last name
- Say address
- Say phone number
- Identify colors
- Identify and draw shapes
- Use scissors
- Color inside the lines
- How to hold a book and turn the pages
- Know that we read and write from left to right
- Identify all letters, and know how to write them (uppercase and lowercase)
- Identify the first sound in a word
- Can tell if 2 words rhyme
- Count to 20
- Identify numbers (the symbol 2 means two)
- Write his or her first name
- Draw a person
- Dress self
- Toilet trained
Kindergarten Registration is now open! Please go to the Covington Independent Public Schools Website to begin your registration process!