Community and Family Engagement
The Department of Community and Family Engagement also oversees the non-profit organization, Covington Partners. For the past 21 years, Covington Partners and Covington Independent Public Schools have worked together to provide high-quality support programming to help students become successful in school and in life. Covington Partners was founded in 1999 to reduce drug abuse and violence among Covington youth. Since that time, Covington Partners expanded offerings to include:
- Out of School Time Programming - programs that provide academic and social enrichment to over 2,500 students annually. Out of School Time programs include before and after school programming and summer learning program.
- The Covington Mentoring Program - a formal one-on-one program that matches a positive adult with a student in either school, community, work or remote-based settings.
- Drug and Violence Prevention – providing evidence-based programs to encourage healthy decision-making strategies to prevent drug use and violence.
- Health and Wellness (Fitness Rocks!) - a program for students K-12 with a goal to reduce obesity and increase wellness.
- Family Engagement – providing an array of opportunities throughout the school year to help our families be partners in their child’s education.
Director of Community and Family Engagement
257 Pike Street
Covington, Kentucky 41011
community Learning center coordinators